Mexican food is delicious, no doubt about it. Among all the variety of exquisite dishes, enchiladas stand out for their flavor combinations. In general, enchilada recipes consist of corn tortillas that are rolled, fried, stuffed and bathed in a spicy sauce. Delicious!
However, depending on the region or ingredients, there are different traditional enchilada recipes. Likewise, it is usual that additional preparations or ingredients are added. In any case, the essence of the Mexican flavor is maintained if you follow the original recipes and use the right ingredients.
So, if you want to show off your dishes and impress your friends, then stay here! As Restaurant La Guadalupe Mexicaine, the best Mexican food restaurant in Montreal, we will present you here 2 amazing enchilada recipes for your kitchen. Let’s get started!
These enchilada recipes are characterized by their reddish color thanks to the variety of chiles and spices. It is worth noting that it is common for this dish to be cooked as breakfasts and lunches because of its variety of fillings. In addition, the spicy flavor is what should predominate in this recipe. Let’s see how to prepare it!
Corn tortillas, ½ of water, oil, 5 red chiles of different variety, 10 grams of salt, 2 chopped onions, ½ of chicken breast, 2 kilograms of potatoes and carrots, cilantro and 200 grams of grated or gratin cheese.
- First, roast the chiles in a saucepan.
- Place them in a pot with water and spices and let them simmer for 20 minutes.
- let the spiced water and chiles cool. Then, blend everything until you obtain a slightly thick reddish colored sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt, oregano and pepper.
- Now, heat the corn tortillas. Then, prepare a large frying pan with oil and pour the hot tortillas to fry them on both sides. Make sure the tortilla is not too hard, as it will break.
- Once the tortillas are ready, it is time to prepare the filling. Shred the chicken breast into many pieces, fry them and combine them with different spices.
- Next, peel the potatoes and carrots. Cut them into very small square pieces and boil these vegetables until they are soft.
- Combine the chicken with the potatoes and chopped carrots to create the filling.
- Wrap the tortillas with the chicken and vegetable filling to form the chicken enchiladas.
- At this point you have two options: dip the enchiladas in the hot sauce or drizzle the sauce over the enchilada. Your choice.
- Add grated or grilled cheese over the enchilada.
- Finally, serve on a plate and enjoy the flavor.
This Mexican enchilada recipe is typical during Mexican national holidays in September, as well as birthdays and get-togethers with friends. For you to taste one of the many variations of these enchilada recipes, do the following:
500 grams of green tomatoes, ¼ onion, 4 chiles, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of bouillon powder, ground cumin, sprigs of cilantro, 2 cups of water, fried corn tortillas, 4 kilograms of cooked and shredded chicken breast, 200 grams of shredded cheese, 1 bag of cream and 2 chopped onions.
- First, boil the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Second, prepare the sauce by blending the green tomatoes, onion, chili, garlic, cream, spices and water. The result should be a thick and fragrant green sauce.
- In a separate pot, cook the stuffing with the chicken breast. Shred the meat and you can mix it with other vegetables of your choice, or just prepare the meat.
- Then, prepare oil in a large frying pan and fry the corn tortillas without breaking them.
- Once the filling and tortillas are ready, proceed to wrap each tortilla with some of the chicken filling.
- Finally, pour some green sauce on top of the enchiladas.
- As an extra tip, serve the dish with a side enchilada garnish of cream, onion chunks and cilantro to taste – delicious!
Try the best traditional enchilada recipes in La Guadalupe Mexicaine
Now that you know two fabulous Mexican enchilada recipes, what are you waiting for to make them! In short, if you love Mexican food, enchiladas are a must on your menu! Impress your friends and family with these fabulous finger-licking dishes.
On the other hand, if you want to taste more exotic flavors, visit us! At Restaurant La Guadalupe Mexicaine you will find a wide variety of Mexican dishes. Our menu includes appetizers, entrees, alcoholic beverages and unparalleled appetizers, your palate will enjoy traditional Mexican cuisine!
In addition, we put at your disposal our select gallery of wines of all kinds for a unique culinary experience. As if that were not enough, our restaurant has a warm atmosphere to make you feel at home. This way, you will be able to celebrate your special moments with your friends and family.
We are the oldest Mexican restaurant in Montreal. Since 1989 we have been preparing authentic dishes with fresh products of the highest quality. So, if you want to taste a gastronomy rich in flavors and colors, don’t hesitate to make a reservation with us!
Get ready to taste a world of artisanal dishes from the hot south. We bring the sun to your table. We are located at 2345, rue Ontario Est Montréal, Qc, H2K 1W1. Now, if you want to know more about our hours, menus or event organization, contact us!
Come and take a culinary journey with us and discover the richness of flavors and aromas of Mexico.